1.A church must be a Baptist Church who believes in the New Testament principles and/or a bible church that agrees with the Baptist Faith and Message -2000.
2. A church must be willing to support the Southern Baptist denomination causes. This includes the local Prince George’s Baptist Association, the Baptist Convention of Maryland/Delaware and the Southern Baptist Convention.
3. Submit in writing the following:
- A written request for membership (application provided)
- Theological Statement (copy)
- Your church constitution (a copy)
4. Each October and in the spring, the Prince George’s Baptist Association meets for business and inspiration. The church needs to send messengers to the meetings.
- Two messengers for the first 20 members
- One additional messenger for every 40 members
- No church shall have more than 15 messengers
5. The pastor and one lay person will also serve on the Executive Committee.
6. While a church becomes a part of an Association by formal vote, it becomes a part of the Baptist Convention of Maryland/Delaware and the Southern Baptist Convention by making monetary contribution.
If you would like to submit an application for membership, kindly fill out our pgba-membership-application and mail it to us together with your supporting documents. We will review your application and contact you with next steps